1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto RU950

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by gilesm, Jul 21, 2003.

1. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear all

Just started looking into trying to tidy my lounge up and getting rid of some remotes. I've been looking at the Pronto RU950 which looks quite tasty. I've just got a few questions.

Firstly I've had a look at remotecentral.com and I cannot find any mention of SKY+, does anyone know if the database already have the codes configured? I'd really not like to have to learn all of the codes.

Also has anyone tried a pronto (any version) with Arcam and Loewe kit - do these codes already exist again they don't appear at remotecentral?

Finally is it possible to set up a button so that it switches everything on at once ie Amp and stick it in Sat mode, and TV on and change to channel 0. If it can do this then I'm sold

Cheers

2. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Even if there are no codes for Sky + for the Pronto 950, you should be able to cut and paste a version for the "old Prontos" (890 or 940).
    I use a Pronto 940 2 mb with my Arcam DV88+ and it works fine.
    Here's a link to Arcam's site with the relevant codes http://www.arcam.co.uk/diva/cinema/dv88rc2.html
    As your final question, the skys the limit as far as what you want a single button to be programed for. Mine for instance does the following:
    Switches on the TV
    waits 15 secs for it to warm up (plays a film tune for the 15 secs)
    mutes the sound
    switches on the amp and to the sky input
    sets the correct windscreen mode for the TV
    switches on sky and tunes to ITV chanel 103

3. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    email me and i will send you my SKY+ ccf :D

all you have to do is search this forum for them ;)

4. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Respectamonkeee, I bought my Pronto a couple of weeks ago and since then have had fun getting it all working, managed to find an old CCF file on remotecentral (listed under Pace Sky Plus Didgibox) which I've converted to PCF, and is all working now, in fact I have to wonder why I didn't do this ages ago - it's fantastic, so much better than having all those remotes. My setup now does pretty much everything I wanted it to do - except AV Switching on my TV (due to old software release). Just uploading my setup to remotecentral now.