1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto RU950 Programming Software

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ShortNick, Jan 14, 2004.

1. ShortNick

ShortNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Is it just me or is Prfontoedit the most user unfriendly software ever? Got an RU950 for a birthday present but every time I sit down to programme it I end up getting extremely annoyed and giving up. Am I doing something wrong or just being numb? Does anyone have any quick programming tips or perhaps knows of better software? Any help is welcome!!:confused:

2. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What version of the software are you using? If it's from the disc supplied with the remote it may be the earlier version, which had numerous problems. Check out the files section of Remote Central for the latest version and the NG forum of the site for info.

One word of warning. If you decide to ask a question on the RC NG forum - be specific. There's nothing they "like" more than a newbie asking obscure questions.

3. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Sadly, Tonto does not (currently) support the Pronto NG (RU950) and the author (Stewart Allen) has been reasonably clear that he is not going to support it. The ProntoNG has a different file format (.PCF) compared to the older Pronto (.CCF) and is not compatible with the older-generation ProntoEdit software.

As with all these things, I daresay there is another person hard at work at a ProntoNGEdit replacement. Best to keep your eyes peeled on the ProntoNG forums over at Remote Central for any developments.