1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto RU950/00

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Myer, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Myer

Myer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help? I am completely useless at programming this or any remote, a total idiot! It was originaly set up by a friend who is no longer around.

I have recently changed the plasma from Daewoo to Panasonic, the amp from Sony to Pioneer and the DVD from no name to Pioneer and a no brand additional Sat box to another non brand, the only thing that remains unchanged is the Sky Pace 2600C.

Can anyone help?

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    You can change the code set manually within the remote, to go through the various sets of codes for that manufacturer. Try each set until you get the one that functions. If not, use the original remotes to learn from and relearn each button, time consuming but worth it.

Also see remotescentral website for ccf files. Your equipment will most likely be listed somewhere.

3. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Sounds to me like you need to completely redo your PCF, too many changes in your equipment. Using the database of codes or files from remotecentral is fine, but you need to get much more out of your pronto than just all the remotes in one unit. Eg you will need to set up macros so that all your gear comes on and kicks in to the right inputs, sound formats, volume etc at the press of a button. You may want timers to do things at particular times etc. So much more that you can get out of it. I would suggest learning how to use the software so that you can customise your pronto to do exactly what you want. I know this is daunting at first and that there is a steep learning curve. I am no computer expert and I managed to get quite good at it with time. Of course you could pay someone to do it for you but if it isn't exactly right you won't be able to sort it out yourself, and when you make changes to your setup you will be stuck again. There are lots of people on this forum and on remotecentral that will be able to help you along.

4. JurgenNL

JurgenNL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    And don't forget to save the file after each change on your pc with a different name.

Jürgen