1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto RU940 & RU950

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by GazTheHat, Jan 14, 2005.

1. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well i received my RU950 yesterday. My impressions are as follows. In & out of docking station is fiddly (can't comment on 940, as didn't have one). Nice bigger screen, with more greyscales, noticable improvement on picture/image quality. No curved underneath, so doesn't sit on leg as comfortably, but sits on table better as has rubber feet underneath to stop slipping, plus a almost soft-grip sides which was nice. A lot more hard buttons, which should free up screen space for other buttons, once programmed. Quite hard to access the channel up/down hard buttons on the left whilst holding it....and my hands are hardly small.

But overall, gets a thumbs up from me, i prefer it. Wifey said she prefered the lOOks of the 940 though. :smashin:

Pronto edit has moved on since i last was using it. More compicated than i remember. How do you copy the bitmaps out of PE into say PShopPro?? Daniel Tonks is a star on remotecentral, too much time on his hands i reckon :D

Anyone know where i can get a serial cable for the 940?? Or does anyone have a spare one or one i could borrow. :rolleyes: Sold the 940 to me old man and want to set it up for him. Once it's done, i doubt he'll ever use it again. I thought the 950 would use the same cable, but it's now USB etc..

Can't wait til it's all up and running, as i've new remote dimmer lights and i never used macros on the 940, so i'm planning to up the wow factor in my lounge :thumbsup:

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    You want "CCF Tools" from Remote Central. One of these (it's either CCFDumper or CCFDecompiler) extracts a CCF into a browsable HTML version, converting the images to .gif. For some reason it doesn't also convert them to .bmp, but if you've got Paint Shop Pro you just need to run a batch conversions (which is what I've done).

3. GazTheHat

GazTheHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the reply. Whilst searching for that, i found on the RC forum, that if you're using a .PCF, which i am with the Pronto NG, you can just rename the .PCF to .ZIP, open it and there will be a Bitmap directory, with all to see there.

Easy when you know how...! :cool: