1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto RU890 or RU940?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by steveru, Oct 9, 2003.

1. steveru

steveru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying a programmable remote control to take the strain off the arm of my chair. ;)
    When I buy one of these remotes I shall be personalising it with station logos and macros.
    Therefore, my question is for the average home cinema user is the 1MB memory of the RU890 a problem? :confused:

How much would you say is a sensibly price for a secondhand one. And, is the docking station useful or a gimmick?

Thanks for your advice.

Steve

2. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    1 meg is enough for a standard home theatre. I need 2 megs and use a 940 but I have loads of devices on it (multiroom) including camcorders etc. i also have loaded DVD and CD libraries, phone directory etc. If you add pictures for fun (eg Star Wars, Arnie) which are all available on Remotecentral then expect your memory to get used up fast. I had lots of these gimicky things but had to delete them as even the 940 couldn't handle it all.

A lot of people swear that the docking station is a must. I don't have one and don't miss it. Good batteries last a long time if you are judicious in your use of the backlight.

3. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    The 1MB model will be more than enough for for most users. I have 8 devices programed including 63 channel logos and it fitted on to a 1MB model.
    You should get a second hand one for about £85 I would think.

4. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the 940 is very good ,i used 2 sets rechageable batteries so i alwasys have power
    haveing said that i have now got the marantz 9200 colour screen much better but costs a lot more ,pronto now lives in a cupboard
    P@T