1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto RF extender. Any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by miniman, Mar 7, 2005.

1. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am just about to order a TSU7000 colour remote from bluedo in the states and i was wondering if its worth ordering the RF extender. Does anyone have any experience with these and are they of any use. I have a small home cinema room, but some times use the 2nd zone on my pioneer ax10i in the front room. In my cinema room I have the plasma on the wall and my soundstyle rack on the right in an alcove. The only other thing i control withmy remote is a ceiling fan/light.
    Please help me spend my wifes money :D .Mark

2. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my 980 this week. Great remote. Will be getting the RF extender somewhere next week. Will post my first results. :hiya:

3. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I bit the bullet and bought both this week. Now the hard work begins, laptop at the ready. I have ordered them from bluedo in the states and I must say their customer service has been second to none. It shoud be here in a week.
    Mark

4. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the RF extender yesterday. Getting started is the easiest thing in the world. Plug the thing in, switch the Pronto device to RF and go.

Noticed that the response is not allways OK. Sometimes you can press a button but nothing happens. The LED on the extender flashes but no response from the recieving device.
    Also you need to add delays between codes. E.g. if you want to switch the TV to channel 200. It should be 2, delay0.8, 0, delay 0.8, 0.

Not perfect. Or am I doing something wrong here? :lease:

5. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Mine arrived with the pronto on yesterday. Not had time to play yet and need to buy another adaptor as it came from the states. Initial impressions of the pronto are good, but the software seems a lot more complicated than the old ru940 pronto edit 4. The colour screen is impressive, but the screen protector is a bit naff. Will post more when i've had a play.
    I must also praise Bluedo as my order went without a hitch. I can't recommend them enough. Mark

6. gwc

gwc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    miniman,

I am thinking of getting a TSU7000 from bluedo. Could you tell me the shipping cost and did you have to pay any duty on it?

cheers

gwc

7. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The cost of delivery was $65, the service was excellent and as for customs best bet is to e-mail them and say you are worried about custom charges ;) and they will sort everything out. Top firm

Then when you get your remote you start to realise that you have to many options for designs and it starts to do your head in after a while. Good remote though

8. gwc

gwc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Cheers miniman,

All I need to do now is convince the wife that we really need it :D

Is it worth buying the RF extender as I shall only be using it in one room.

gwc

9. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have the rf extender but have not used it yet. The reason I went for the rfe was so i could control the volume of the amp from the kitchen or my zone 2 and buying it as a package saves some money. Well thats what i told my wife :D