1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto RC940

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MATT JENNER, Apr 23, 2003.

1. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi
    I need some help, i have loaded the files for my str 1080 amp, i have done this manually , what i cannot seem to do is get the volume controlls on the remote to learn the volume code on the amp, so instead of scrolling through the screens i can just use the plus and minus to raise or lower the volume,
    any help would be appreciated

many thanx

Matt

2. Gerbil

Gerbil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you've loaded a file someone else has produced on to your Pronto to enable you to control your Amp?

You're also implying that there are "soft" buttons to control the volume already on the panels somewhere. If that's the case then fire up ProntoEdit again. You don't have to relearn the volume codes, you can just create an alias from the volume buttons on the Pronto to the "soft" buttons that already control the volume.

It's one of the key things with programming the Pronto, don't learn or copy the same remote codes to multiple buttons, just create aliases between buttons.

e.g.

Hard Volume+ button -> AmpDevice-Panel1-Volume+

Hope that makes sense. If this wasn't what you meant, then some more details of the problem would be handy.

3. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanx gerb,

i think i gave thw wrong impression,
    I manually got the pronto to learn most of the codes for the 1080 amp by using the learning wizard in pronto pro.

What i cannot seem to do is get the + & - on the pronto to work the volume on the amp, i have tried to get it to learn the code , it says code learnt and i get the bleep to say info have been recived or processed, but then i go to use the 2 keys on th epronto and nothing happens,

i have created a pannel where i can use two keys one for volume up and the other for volume down, it learnt the codes and it works fine, but the pain in the neck is that i have to keep pressing the buttin to increase volume etc,
    whereas when i used the pronto for my other amp yo just hold the plus button on volume and it increased with no problems,
    hope that makes more sense

4. Gerbil

Gerbil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Ah...

Sorry, got the wrong end of the stick.

Just a suggestion, but try using Tonto to learn the remote codes instead of ProntoEdit. In my experience Tonto does a far better job of cleaning up the captured code than ProntoEdit.

When I relearnt most of my codes with Tonto its amazing how many of them ended up as being a shorter sequence and also worked more reliably.

Worth a try anyway..

5. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    It's more likely that you've learnt the codes incorrectly. Volume codes are generally used in a "repeating" sequence, you hold the button and expect the volume to continue changing until you release the button.

Use the actual Pronto itself to learn the codes. Go into learn mode, hit the VOL+ hardbutton and then press and hold your amp remote VOL+ button down and keep it held until the Pronto says "OK" (to show it's learnt successfully). That will ensure that the Pronto will determine the code "repeats". You should be able to try the code right there and then and see if it works. Other things to try are learning the code in a darkened room (away from sunlight) or even covering the gap between the Pronto and the amp remote with a blanket or something to ensure only the infra-red being sent by the amp remote is learnt and the Pronto doesn't get confused by ambient IR light.

If not, you might want to head over to Remote Central and see if anyone has already produced a CCF for your amp. If the exact model isn't there, try another Sony amp - Sony generally has standardised IR codes for its equipment.

6. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanx guys,

i followed your instructions and it learnt ok, i do not know why it did not do it the first time, but hey thats electronics for you.