1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by jan erik, Apr 15, 2003.

1. jan erik

jan erik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would like to buy a new remote replacing my 8 ,but have a question:Got a philip pixel plus tv(realy nice picture,recomended inspite all the critism!)but thinks that the menu structure is to awkvard.I would like to reach yhe settings pixel plus/line doubled/100 hz just with the hit of one button,i.e to change the settings with the push of one singel button instead going into the menu.Is this possible witjhout pprogramming several macros?is the direct code for this avaiable?also other settings ,sharpness,contrast,color and so on would be nice to have direct acces to...Anyone with a pronto answer this please ! tanx !

2. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    You are describing "discrete" codes. These are supported by the Pronto if the codes themselves are available for the particular piece of equipment you are using. I suggest you head over to Remote Central and check out the Pronto Files section for a CCF (Pronto config file) that might contain your TV. Chances are one or more people may have already discovered these codes for that actual TV model. I would search the Pronto forum too, to see if anyone has discussed the matter.

However, on a negative side, quite often discrete codes are just not available or supported by devices. It's purely a matter of luck (or someone's skill in discovering them!).

You COULD accomplish your objective using the Pronto's macros. It's not as slick as using discretes but it will work.