1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Programming

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by RussJ, Feb 5, 2002.

1. RussJ

RussJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just bought my Pronto from Richer Sounds - shop in Norwich matched their internet price so pretty good deal.
    Just been reading the Prontedit documentation and now I'm starting to panic....
    Would appreciate some advice from all you experts as to where to start - I've found Remote Central and had a good look round.
    Some questions:
    If I download a CCF I like the look of but it contains the wrong kit, eg Panasonic TV rather than Toshiba, can I somehow automatically add just the IR codes from the correct "device" file at remotecentral without losing the look and feel of the original CCF?
    Or do I have to add the codes button by button by cut and pasting?
    Is there a tutorial out there somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

RussJ
    :confused:

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    You can cut and paste any device from within any ccf file you download into one file that you can then upload on to your Pronto.

To change the codes for a button just double click on it and then select the Action tab and delete the command that it's currently using. Then press the Learn IR button and press the relevent button from the original remote (best lying both remotes on a table top and have them about 2" apart). This should then put a Learned command into the Action tab for this button.

Repeat for all the other buttons and then upload the ccf file into your Pronto. Then go and try the new layout on the device to ensure all the commands have been learned correctly.

Have a look at some of the ccf files that have been added onto one of the topics on this forum.

Have fun m8 :)