1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Programming Tips + Digitheatre DTS CCF Needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Goof, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well, it's been frustrating at times but also fun and my Pronto is now pretty much there, thanks for all the help :smashin:

My only other niggle now is that when the remote is switched on, it defaults to the first device in the device list, and not the home page - anyone know how to fix that?

Also found Tonto better to use as recommended, things like "copy action" are a god send :clap:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Hi Goof,
    I've got a Marantz RC9200 remote so I might be able to help with some things.

I must agree with you that the software for programming these things is far from easy to get to grips with, but once you get your head around it its not that bad.

When you have setup buttons on the remote via the software they do not have any IR attached to them and therefore they are not visible when useing the remote (this also confused me at first). To get them to appear put the remote into learn mode and all buttons should be visible. Then teach that button the IR signal. When you put the remote back into use mode the newly learnt buttons should now be visible.
    As for your TV switching off/on via the VCR screen - Some of the buttons could be programmed with a macro which sends several IR commands for 1 button. From the PC software delete any macros for the buttons and then just set them to learn an individual IR signal or setup a new macro as required.

HTH
    Mark.

3. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for the help, that clears up my initial questions pretty well :)

I had a couple of others just involving merging etc but didn't want to dribble on any longer in one post and tbh I can't even remember what half the queries were now that I'm not in the process of running the program!

So, I'm sure I'll be needing further assistance today if you're around ;)

4. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    You might want to check out a 3rd-party freeware "Pronto" editor called Tonto . Although it is similar in look and feel to the official editors, it has many more features that make the editing process significantly easier. It also is much more reliable at communicating with the remotes. I highly recommend it.

5. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks, I'd read about Tonto on remote central - does it work with the RC5000 though?

Getting a little further now - I just realised that once I've deleted certain devices and then added others by merging, I have to add an alias and jump for the new device button I'm adding. So, feels like I'm at least heading in the right direction now...

6. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Tonto does indeed work with the RC5000, along with over a dozen more remotes! Ive found it much easier to use than Phillips' ProntEdit4.

Also, if you're after a USB converter for your serial lead, Ebuyer are doing one for under £14 all in.

7. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Edit: Have got Tonto and going to try it out - would appreciate help on the re-edited first post^^

Oh, and thanks for the USB tip Dan, saw that posted last week, the serial will do for the moment though - I don't plan to be hooking it up much once it's programmed (famous last words, I know :rolleyes: ).

8. jsmurray

jsmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure home panel is set to 'hidden' and you should also use the system properties under HOME to set home panels as write protected.
    That should sort you out Goof.

(Just saw the date of the post. I guess you already got it figured but this may help someone else too so I'm gonna post it anyway.)