1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pronto probs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ianlecompte, Oct 12, 2004.

1. ianlecompte

ianlecompte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    please help guys,just got hold of a cheap pronto 890 and i,m trying to download some interesting ccf files from remote central but all i get is error downloading configaration.?what the hell does that mean.no one has ever mentioned the need to have a degree to program these bloody things.please help if you can
    cheers
    ian

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    when trying to download , make sure the screen is on(press it ;) ).the unit is asleep when its off so will not let you download :smashin:

3. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Try this. Before downloading, go into setup and set the LCD and LCD Light settings to about 120 seconds. This will keep the screen active during the download process. When downloading has finished, check the setup again and, if nwecessary reduce the LCD and LCD Light times down to about 30secs to avoid having to recharge the Pronto too often. I've had a Pronto for about six years now and it's still working well on the same rechargable battery.

If you are still having download problems it could be that you are trying to download a file too big for your Pronto. The 890 packs only 1mb of memory. Some of the newer models have more memory capacity. I've tried to download a file that was too big and got a dowload error.

Hope this helps

4. ianlecompte

ianlecompte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    getting there slowly but have managed a reasonable remote interface.
    thanks to you both for your help
    cheers
    ian

5. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you need a very easy to use Sky set up on your Pronto check out my design on Remote Central. It has single button links to most Sky programmes.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bi...ates/complete_system/caroline-summers_ccf.zip

I've designed the panels for the various pieces of equipment so that the buttons are in the same location on the panel. Makes life a lot easier when switching between devices.

Enjoy your Pronto