1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by cutes6, Mar 8, 2001.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Help after much persuasion my wife let me get a pronto but I have a problem ! when on amp screen I can switch the amp no problem but it will not switch the tv to input 1 from say channel 1.with my old cambridge 1 and the original sony 2 way remote it did but i dont know how it just did.This is causing major trouble with her indoors.I have tried reprogramming the pronto from the sony remote and the cambridge but no joy! Has anybody got any ideas before she falls out with me big time,thanks

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,982
    Take a look here, you'll find plenty of Pronto Pro's
    www.remotecentral.com

------------------
    The only problem with common sense is it's not very common.

3. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks Desmo I will have look

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once you start using pronto Edit, you'll think of nothing else for the next month! But it's a lot of fun! [​IMG]

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

5. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You don't say if you are using Prontoedit software - this should give all the flexibility you need to do the simple task you mention as well as a lot more.

6. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks Guys for your responses it sounds like I need to get Prontoedit version 1.5? and vanish into a darkened room for a month! she is going to love that.Is version 1.5 the version to get?

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

7. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yep, Prontoedit 1.5 is the one for you providing you haven't got a 2mb Pronto. Turn it over and if the label says it's an RU890, it' a 1mb. Which Sony have you got? I have the 930 and it does everything I want with no probs.

Any problems e-mail me

Caroline

8. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Caroline
    we are sad being on the forum as early as this ! my amp is the sony strdb 925.I can get the pronto to switch the amp no problem but it will not switch the tv at the same time, all my other remotes do although I didnt programme them to do this.All i did was programme them with the sony remote to switch the amp and they did the tv as well but the pronto will not.It probably means I will have to work out out a macro to do this.This will mean being in a darkened room for some time to work it all out and I sold the pronto to my better half as being easy and will make her life simpler!!! It is strange that my £80 cambridge remote does what I want no problem but the pronto doesnt.This probably means a weekend where we don't talk as i try to work it all out ! I have an Ellie comming soon and I know she will go ballistic when she sees the size of it! We will see how much she loves me then.
    Thanks for your reply Caroline

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

9. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cutes6, PE 1.05 can be a pretty steep learning curve, as I believe it's basicly just the same programme that the Philips boys use to programme the Pronto originally. So it's not very intuitive. The good news though is that you can get all the help you need at remotecentral.com ( There's a few 'Prontoites' on this BB too). Don't forget to download the PE manual, makes things a lot easier. Once you've got the hang of it though, you WILL love it!
    Good luck.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

10. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the replies can i just confirm its version 1.05 or 1.5

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

11. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Cutes 6,
    Sorry to mislead you, but the Prontoedit version is 1.05. not 1.5. Arthur is right when he says it's a steep learning curve, but it's worth the journey Ð and the sense of achivement is massive.

Once you get Prontoedit up and running, you can use the emulator to try out various ccfs which you can download from the www.remotecentral.com forum. They will help to give you an idea how you can create macros (which, incidentally, don't have to be confined to the macro menu of the Pronto. As you will discover, any button on the remote can contain macro abilities.

That's why with a disk preloaded into the DVD player, which is on standby, and the TV on standby, I can with a press of a single button, fire up the TV, DVD player and amp, switch the amp to the correct input and sound stage, switch the TV to the correct extension and start the movie playing. Using the jump feature you can also end up on the correct screen for the device (in this case the DVD control screen).

Once I get the Futronix lighting sorted out, the lights will automatically dim as well. It impresses the hell out of me and I know how it's done. So imagine how friends (who know nothing about the Pronto) will react when you do the same with your system. We got fed up with having to cope with eight remotes just to watch a movie. Pronto will transform your viewing pleasure. If you have any problems e-mail me.

Good viewing

Caroline

12. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for all the feedback - have been away for a couple of days hence the delay thanks once again

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

13. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My latest Pronto controlled Home Cinema 'feature' is a CD-R that I recorded the Pearl&Dean advert tune onto. This sits permanently in a spare CD player I happen to have.

So I dim the lights (one day I'll have this automated too!), and then after I hit the button to fire everything up I touch the P&D button. It switches my amp to the other CD player's input mode, plays the CD, then switches back again and starts the movie.

d [​IMG]

Makes me smile every time I get to do that with friends. Now if only I had the advert pictures on VideoCD format...

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

14. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0