1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Pro, what happened to the other bit?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by uncle eric, Mar 26, 2002.

1. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know what happened to the RF part that was due for the UK last month?
    This is the kit that contains the RF box (I think) and the RF/IR emitters.

Eric

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    I have it and it works. Not like crestron adn amx but does the trick....sort of.

I had issues with functionality of the thing as once you made a DEVICE rf controlled then every command on a page for that device and in it's properties would be sent as RF. Even if the command was an alias to an IR controlled item the command would be sent in RF...which is a major pain in the arse.

However, I have just downloaded latest pronto pro firmaware and software and I hope that they will have solved this issue. Not looked or tried it since.

Now not all codes are able to be turned in to RF. Sky Plus is though, which was my major concern. Also there is a lag between hitting button and command coming out in IR. It's not instantaneous like IR or Crestron/AMX. Still it is cheaper.

I can also confirm I got a US RF station working with a UK Pronto Pro....

Gordon