1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Pro reliabilty issues

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Cool-hand, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

Does anyone here own a pronto pro and have they found any unwanted reliabilty issues with it. Is it crashing/freezing up after making quick screen changes?

How you finding it in general? And please don't say "on the coffe table/etc..."

thanks

2. muscat

muscat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not had any reliability problems with my Pronto Pro. The only time it has "frozen" is when the batteries are almost out and need to be recharged. In this case I have to press the reset button. If you make sure the batteries are properly charged then this should not be an issue.

Overall, I find it to be invaluable, having replaced all my other remotes and added X10 switches as an inexpensive way to control lighting. I also use the optional RF extender for kit that is not directly in the line of sight.

To get the best out of it you have to be prepared to spend some time using the Pronto Edit software which enable you to customise the interface.

3. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    thanks for the tips.

4. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    look in pronto edit i think you may have the on the hard key it may be trying to vlearn the ir code