1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pronto pro problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by leon, Nov 23, 2001.

1. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    hiya dont want to put a down note on the ((new pronto pro))(
    £675.00 ) but one of mine has just been sent back :( it stopped charging arfter 2 weeks of use ,this maybe a just a friday arfternoon one ,so dont get scared they are still good remotes :)

2. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I have had lots of grief with Prontos abeit an original mono one. The first one died after two months and was replaced under warranty, that one constantly rebooted itself everytime it was used and had to be replaced. The last one lasted 10 months and died but now is out of warranty although is really only 10 months old but due to the original one being purchased 14 months ago then my year warranty is up.

I now have a very expensive door stopper.

I would not buy another Pronto again and I am now looking at alternatives.

:(

3. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the original Pronto while I was in New York more or less the month it was released for sale there. (Maybe some 3/4 years ago, cant remember) I think I paid very nearly 500 USD including their dreaded 8% tax.
    Apart from the occasional crash this still works perfectly and is on Living room duty.
    As for the Pronto Pro, nothing wrong here other than the couple of issues that I brought up in Leons other thread (Leon, you are missing a great thread in General Chat by the way)
    My biggest gripe is the hard buttons on the right. I mess around with volume a lot and just cant get the grips with these. I tried relocating the volume control at on the lower end and its better but I must say I prefer the original buttons.
    Very easy one handed operation.

Eric

4. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    ive just phoned up the company that supplied the pronto pro and they said it was faulty ,and they sent a new one today ,:)
    i said is it a common problem and they said mine was the first ( :( :(
    so maybe i was just unlucky