Pronto Pro NG from the US

mjn

Distinguished Member
isn't the RF extender used in the states a different frequency?

mjn

Distinguished Member
Yeah but the RF won't work in this country due to the different RF frequency. I believe the frequency used in the states is illegal in UK?

helicon2

Is this remote the US equivalent of the UK's ProntoNG RU950?

Also, what exactly does the docking station do? Does it act as a battery charger? Is it worth it?!

Cheers

homethx

Novice Member
No its not the UK equivalent, uk model no RU980, your on about the Pronto NG TSU3000 USA model .The base is for charging and usb pass through.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello all

Just hope it don't mess up anything 'important' nearby ;) - and I guess its not CE approved either!

Best regards

Joe

mjn

Distinguished Member
CE Approved....do we care?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
mjn

I guess not :)

Though for retailers (like myself) it is important and something cost wise that has to be factored in when were looking to import kit to resell in the UK and Europe; I often see posts saying product X is way to costly in the UK when its only $Y in the US.

CE approval is important - its illegal to sell anything in the UK and Europe that's not CE approved and it can be a costly process for the manufacturer/distributor.

Best regards

Joe

PS Has anyone confirmed with there Home Insurance company if non CE approved kit has a detrimental affect on policy cover?

mjn

Distinguished Member
but the general joe isn't selling....we're buying, and if its £650 in the UK and £400 in the states...then its a no brainer!

marcoeser

Standard Member
maybe a dumb question :blush: but does the change of the american 100v to the european 240v matter? Does the base still charge the batteries? My only concern in importing from the US is they have a different power supply.

homethx

Novice Member
Originally posted by marcoeser
maybe a dumb question :blush: but does the change of the american 100v to the european 240v matter? Does the base still charge the batteries? My only concern in importing from the US is they have a different power supply.
You can get the power supply from maplin or you can use an old pronto one .

marcoeser

Standard Member
Another question:
did you get stung at cutoms? and how much did you have to pay?

marcoeser

Standard Member
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nice, looks like I'll be getting a pronto soon. The only problem now is how I connect it to my Mac, but thats another thread.

prof yaffle

Standard Member
Does the RF frequency of the US model interfere with any 'standard' wireless stuff in the UK - e.g. wireless telephones, etc?
Any recommendations of the best US distributor to import a TSU7000 & RF extender?

Thks!

Trending threads

Latest threads

Top Bottom