1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Pro / Mac problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Chris Blackwell, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Chris Blackwell

Chris Blackwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

Having recently upgraded my TV to a Pioneer 506XDE Plasma I need to reprogramme my Pronto. Trouble is the laptop I used to programme it before has long gone and I can't get any of the software to talk to the Pronto at all. It won't even load up my old .ccf files into Pronto Edit.

My system is as follows:

Apple iMac 800MHz Power PC G4
    Apple OSX.3.9
    Virtual PC7 for Mac / Windows XP Professional
    Keyspan serial to USB connector no: USA-19QW
    Philips Pronto RU970

I would really appreciate anyone using a similar sytem to let me know what configuration they have set up. As I say, I can't load up my old .ccf files into Pronto Edit, and even if I could the programme tells me the Pronto is not connected every time I try to upload to the Mac. I really like my Pronto and don't want to have to give it up for a Logitech Harmony 885, but unless I can get it to talk to the Mac I am going to have to. I have tried Remote Central too with no luck. Please help!

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Chris,

Try Tonto instead. Works natively on the mac, so avoiding all the virtual pc complications.

Cheers, Carl.

3. Chris Blackwell

Chris Blackwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks cwick - downloaded it and it worked first time! Reckon it was the Virtual PC software getting in the way.

Many thanks!