1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Pro - Is it Worth the Extra Dosh?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Mikey K, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Mikey K

Mikey K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys

Been looking at buying a Pronto to get better control of the AV setup. Checked out remotecentral.com and got all the CCF's. Also looked at the complete system CCF's the Pronto Pro one look way better!!

Is that the only benefit the £400 gets you?

Any body got either the Pronto or the Pronto Pro and like to comment. Any body had both??
    :confused:

2. muscat

muscat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a ProntoPro and previously had a Pronto. Some of the advantages of the ProntoPro are:

1. The 256 colour screen is much clearer than the Pronto, particularly for Channel logos, etc, and allows far more customisation
    2. Four programmable hard buttons below the screen compared to two for the Pronto
    3. 8Mb memory
    4. RF as well as IR capability, using the add-on RF extender, enabling you to control equipment in a cabinet
      [/list=1]

It is still expensive but if you can afford it, I would go for it rather than the Pronto. The colour screen and RF capability just about make it worth the extra.

3. darren sparks

darren sparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can afford it go for the pro, i have not picked up another remote in months.

It also ****es you mates off big time!!:D