1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto pro help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Geezer, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi all.

Got my nice pronto pro for christmas but have got so annoyed with the thing i havent really used it. I downloaded some elses CCF? and taught it all the butons, but i cannot get the sky tv guide box office services buttons to work it learns them but they dont do anything. Ive updated the firmware but that made no difference. Ive asked at remote central no real help there either.

Im a bit stuck when it comes to proto edit too

Is there anywhere i can take it to get it all programmed?

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Hi there...I think the Pronto's only real drawback is the software shipped with it,and the total lack of manufacturer support.....I had similar problems with mine either seeming to forget IR codes previously learnt,or not keeping codes downloaded using CCF's from elsewhere.

I think merging the bits of the CCF you want to use with your current file may solve the problem....just be sure to save a current CCF copy before doing it!...worked on mine though and finally got the thing working with all my gear....hope this helps.

3. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Still cant get it sorted :thumbsdow

4. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would try relearning them until they do work. Try different distances from the remote, different durations of key presses etc. You should eventually get them.

And stick with pronto edit, when you crack it you will find it is really powerful and you will be able to make little changes whenever you want.

Personally, i found PE fairly intuitive, but can see why a lot of people have trouble with it. I think now though, at the Philips site (i think that's pronto.philips.com ) they have a PE user guide.