1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pronto pc connection?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by robby boy, Jan 9, 2003.

1. robby boy

robby boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    okay just ordered my R\S £99 pronto the only problem is that i have no serial ports on my pc is there a usb cable that you can get or a serial to usb adaptor.

thanks

2. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
  3. orangemirrors

orangemirrors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As stated you can and i do

I dont know what system you are using but i am using xp on a laptop. I bought a usb - serial 9 pin male adapter frommaplin electronics and it works fine the only problem i had (and so have a lot of others running the same set up) is not being able to use pronto edit to connect to the pc.

But have faith if this is the case for you, i use tonto and have no problems you can still use pronto edit but just use tonto for the upload and d/load to the remote.

Hope this has been of some help ask away if you want any more info or it is not clear.

The thing to remember is there is allways a solution and dont lose faith i am sure you will be happy with the remote