1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto NG950 can't upload from Pronto to PC, what is use mode?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Remboy, May 31, 2005.

1. Remboy

Remboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just got one these and had a first stab at Pronto Edit to create my own setup but learnt the buttons manually from existing remotes. I now want to add some more buttons so would like to upload file from Pronto to pc but keep getting failed upload.

On line help says Pronto must be in "use mode" to upload the file so I presume this is where I'm going wrong? The online help says to check the manual for info on "working with modes". Have studied the manual and can't find "working with modes" or what "use mode" is. I'm sure this is a very simple question so can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks for any help guys.

2. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I don't have to do anything with my 950. I just plug it into to the USB port and click the button. Never had a problem with it, and to be honest I have no idea what 'use mode' is either.

3. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Try re-installing the software, update the firmware and get the latest software updates from the pronto website.

4. Remboy

Remboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. Found that upload would only work if Pronto connected to PC via USB BEFORE powering up PC. Wish I'd thought of something as simple as that earlier!

5. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Weird, not had that problem before. It could be specific to your USB hub.