Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Emm, Mar 26, 2004.
This is really important for anyone with a Pronto RU950 (NG). It fixes a LOT of the annoying problems with the remote.
I recommend anyone with this remote upgrades to this new firmware. Note that you will also NEED to install the new NG editor software too.
Cheers for the heads up
Does it fix the double hard key press 'problem'?
This and the fast battery consumption are the only things putting me off buying.
This is what it solves (so the answer to both your questions is yes)
· Battery life improvement (significant)
· Unreliable battery indicator
· Slow macro execution
· Cursor keys cannot be learnt on device
· Timer functionality added
· Improved learning on device
· Multi language support (selectable in settings)
· New 4-point calibration method
· Cursor keys and 4 keys around it now directly send IR
· New user interface in line with ProntoPro NG
· Vol/Channel/Mute buttons no longer wake up the LCD
· Smaller steps in contrast setting
· Crashes on multi-object selection and uploading
· Unwanted change of normal IR codes to specific IR codes
· Refresh problems when objects are dragged
· Learned IR code name is lost after copy/paste action
· Memory leaks in program
· Improved learning via editor
· Multi line text and alignment setting in buttons and panels
· IR code punch through
· Support of PNG-files (remark: no support of alpha blending)
Separate names with a comma.