Pronto NG and Lamp Dimmer??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Lonz_72, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Lonz_72

Lonz_72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a ProntoNG (RU950) and would like to make the most of its RF capabilities. I would like to start with controlling the lighting. I have seen wall plates for controlling the main ceiling lights but does anyone know if there is a RF lamp dimmer available? (one that plugs into the bayonet fitting or at the plug socket end??)

Thanks.

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    It seems that the 950 can control X10 devices, but a quick search on a couple of forums suggests that it isn't easy to do. The problem is when you want to control more than one X10 device - difficult to use more than one address

The RF part of most Pronto remotes is really designed to communicate with a remote extender (IR blaster). The remote talks to the extender using RF, and the extender then sends IR to your hidden devices. It could be that the 950 is different.

I use my Marantz RC9200 to control an IR dimmer switch. This was very simple to do, but obviously requires line of sight between the remote (or extender) and the switch.