1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Neo

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by gavan, Feb 14, 2003.

1. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Anyone here using the Pronto Neo? I've been thinking of getting a Universal Remote for some time and this seems to fit the bill... I don't need the all-singing all-dancing functionality of something like the Pro but I'd like something more than a basic universal remote.

So - any experiences and recommendations?

Gav

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Do you want the hard buttons that you get with the neo or will a standard Pronto be ok?
    A standard Pronto can be bought for £99 from Richer Sounds but a Neo is around £180, that is a lot of extra money for a couple of hard buttons!
    The screen on the Neo is quiet small and low resolution compared to the Pronto.

Mark.

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Also bear in mind that the Neo seems to have acquired a less than stellar reputation for its IR learning abilities. :(

I would save your money and get the Pronto.

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I had to take my Pronto Neo back, as it couldn't learn just about anything! The Neo wouldn't learn: Sky Digibox (grundig), Harman/Kardon amp, Panasonic VCR, Some of my (then) Sony 7700, PC Speakers, Thule CD Player. Admittedly some of these components aren't exactly popular, but my Marantz RC1200 can learn them fine, and that cost just £30!

Oh, and yes, I tried everything to get those codes learnt. Better off with a real pronto, or RC1200.

What are those Kameleon (spelling) remotes like?

Russell

5. Tides2002

Tides2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I’ve just upgraded the firmware of my Neo (to V1.5.3). The update is supposed to improve the learning capabilities of the Neo; indeed it seems a little better but still doesn’t give you confidence that the learning process will be successful. :rolleyes: