Pronto "Mouse Mode", Irman, Girder.

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by wyerd, Jul 7, 2003.

1. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Is there any way of using the Pronto Mouse Mode to move the mouse pointer on my HCPC? I have the Irman receiver and Grider setup to control Showshifter, but I would also like to use the Pronto as a touch pad and get rid of the mouse. Is it possible & how?

Cheers,
    David.

2. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Bump

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,767
    I would think so, as I'm using some of the number buttons on my Samsung 709 remote to control the mouse, along with l/r clicks, tab and enter keys.

I don't have girder on this pc, so can't give you exact instructions, but the commands can be done using the built in commands that come with girder on it's main screen. They're with the tabs that include OS.

I believe I used 'add new command' or similar, then named the cammand to 'mouse left' etc, chose the mouse movement rquired from the drop down menu and applied it, then clicked 'learn event' and pressed the relevant number on the remote.

That may not be totaly accurate, but that's roughly all you need to do to get basic mouse functions on a remote.

It tends to be a bit slow on mine though, but fortunately I don't need to use it often.

HTH

Gary.