1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Macro to Change Input on my PWD6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TeresaTT, Dec 2, 2004.

1. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have a small problem which is starting to drive me mad because I can't fix it. I have a Pronto RU950 and set up macros to go directly to all my inputs on my PWD6. However, the macro to go to my second board has a strange behaviour.

I have a scart board in postion 1 and a component board in postion 2. My TiVo is connected to the VGA input, the scart is free and my amp is connected to the component board.
    VGA-> TiVo
    Scart -> Nothing
    Component -> Amp

I have a macro to go directly to the component input which does the following:
    1. VGA input
    2. Delay 0.1 sec
    3. Input
    4. Delay 0.1 sec
    5. Input

The weird thing is that this macro only works on an alternate press. The first time I press it, it ends up on the scart. If I press it again it goes to component, then if I press again, back to scart. I've even pressed the VGA button first, executed the macro and it goes to scart. If I select VGA again and then press macro, it goes to the component.

I just can't figure out what is going on. It is very consistent in working on alternate presses only. I've increased the delays up to two seconds and it still behaves in this odd way. Whenever we want to watch a DVD via the amp, we always have to press the macro twice.

My macro for the scart input always works.

I could put really long delays in, but then it would be confusing because people will think nothing has happened. Or I could swap the boards around, but I only want to do that as a last resort because the PWD6 will have to come off it's stand and I don't want to do my back in lifting it again. I also think the rubber pads on the stand have glued themselves to the glass shelf they're on due to the weight.

Am I going mad, or is there a rational explanation for this? Can anyone shed some light on this weird problem?

Thanks

2. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I eventually swapped the boards round and now my macros work. The problem was definitely due to the scart board, but now it's last in the input order it doesn't upset my macros.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    panny may know there is no scart cable in socket making it empty ie same as no board