1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto IR beam

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by JT, Oct 18, 2001.

1. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    HI,I have a question about the length of time the IR beam can be set for on, if it can. The reason is because it takes around 2secs to turn my Panasonic tv on.
    Hope you understand and can help, and bring me a step nearer to buying one!
    Thanks John. :)

2. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean you have to press the 'on' button for 2 seconds, on you press the 'on' button and it takes 2 seconds for the TV to respond?

My Tosh takes probably 2 seconds to fire up and bring up a picture. But the actual press of the button on the remote takes only a split second.

3. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +657
    I have had a few Panasonic TVs and they all need a 'long' press of a button to bring them on.

With a Pronto, you can solve this, as you can program an 'on' button, which sends a few presses of the 'on' command.. This means that you can hit a button quickly, but the pronto will send a string of 'on's

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Jon, using pronto Edit, you can just programme a 'stream' of on commands to a button, eezy peezy! :) But you'll probably find the pronto doesn't need it.

5. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, sorry it`s taken a while to reply:
    Keith, it takes a long press to turn on.
    Cheers to Jon and Arthur for that answer,
    By the way I was at Newcastle Richer Sounds and asked about the pronto price which they said was £199 for the 2mb, well I`ve seen it in the ad in HCC for £149 and told them, so they said it must be a special offer for the readers and agreed to sell it at that price, not bad at all.
    Thanks John.