1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Help !

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Montana, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Montana

Montana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,
    I am hoping that you guys can help me source a Philips Pronto(can't remember the catalogue number, but the one that costs about £150)as I found it in the RS webby, but none of the local, and not so local stores seem to have any.I particualry liked this model because it has a very few essential hard buttons on it, making it look better, and the fact that all the buttons you make on it, can be named to what you wish.Plus an unlimited(memory space allowing) amount of kit can be put on separate(channels I guess).By the way how good are these, or would you go for something else ? I currently own a Cambridge +M1, which is really good, but you cant name the buttons, and most pieces of kit have special buttons that you use from time to time, and you have to remember what button you assinged them to .
    Thanks for any information or guidance you can give me.

Andy

2. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +661
    If you have a lot of time on your hands to program a pronto there is no better remote at this price. I got mine from america total price was around £85 including postage.
    www.pcseller.com
    They also put prontos up for sale on ebay.com, I bought mine for $91 but they only sell for $99 on the web site (+ $35 postage to the uk).

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Take a look at www.remotecentral.com for plenty of info. I've had mine for a couple of years now and I'm still 'tweaking' it....

4. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Just a thought, you could always put a Wanted thread for a Pronto, I did and it was as good as new and saved me money!! :)