1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by bobbles, Feb 4, 2003.

1. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the 940 Pronto

I am going to download the software tomorrow through broadband at work (why not put the software on the cd-rom?)

what is the second piece of software for

Pronto Update
    RU940 firmware (Sys. 4.8, App. 4.86)
    zip.file containing exe.file (release date: 26 Aug 2002)
    The firmware updater makes it possible to download new firmware software from a website. It works independently from ProntoEdit and is easy to install. The uploading feature allows you to upload the CCF from the device to the PC and edit/save it, including all parameters /objects that were changed on the device as well as learned IR-codes.

does this mean i can download my devices using the software without programming every button?

Any useful tips anyone can pass on will be gratefully received

:rotfl:

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    You should have got Pronto Edit on CD with the remote, I did.

Although, it may not be the latest version (4.05) which you'll have to download.

You can download ccfs from www.remotecentral.com.

Depending on your devices you may still have to program some of the buttons yourself, but you'll still have to do some tinkering with PE even if you find all your devices. Chances are they'll be spread over several different ccf files.

Anyway, Pronto Edit is very easy to use and can be a bit addictive too.

3. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2 ways to get started:

1, Start with the factory default setup, learn codes through the remote for everything. You can then upload this to your PC and start editing then.

OR, and this to me is the best option.

2, Like previously mentioned go to remotecentral, get ccf's for your device's, find one ccf that you like the look and feel of to use as a template. Take the codes for your devices and put them in your template.

That will get you started, then when you get the hang of pronto edit you will make lots more changes. (Be warned, this takes time and you probably won't do anything else for a week cos you will want to get it perfect)

Well worth it though.

4. bluebear

bluebear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bobbles,

I got my 940 from RS on Saturday (£99) and the CD did NOT have any EXE files on it !

I had to download ProntoEdit from <http://www.pronto.philips.com> (Need to register first) and it was > 13meg.

The CD only contained the user Manual in PDF format and a Default CCF file.
    Why include the manual again when they provide a paper copy in the box !

Here a great FAQ for the Pronto <http://www.remotecentral.com/pronto/pfaq.htm>.

I am just starting to play with ProntoEdit, looks very good, also worth taking a look TonTo Editor <http://giantlaser.com/tonto/>

Have Fun.

Bluebear.
    :cool:

5. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks

trying to set it up just using the pronto to do this at the minute

the info from remote central stated that the first time you press tv say it asks you if you are using philips if not you can search for your device

well it doesn't on mine

how can i search for my device?

6. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spent over an hour getting no where

Just using the pronto i can not find out how you search for your device

using prontoedit when i download the device codes from the remoted central site. I extract them using winzip which seems to read them as a word file

when i try to open them using prontoedit it says file corrupted

please help I am on the verge of taking it back

7. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had to change the file thing

working now

i am now bald though

8. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine last week. For a few days I was doing nothing but setting it up on Pronto Edit, and have just about finished now :)

9. xio

xio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The review is a bit misleading - the device codes aren't installed in the UK version. :(

10. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    A piece of advice for 940 users. Prontoedit version 405 has a bug that causes errors with the 940 - usually a message that says yje file is too latge for the pronto. You need to uninstall 405 and load 105 instead. This works like a charm.