1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Hard Buttons

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ms2004, Aug 13, 2005.

1. ms2004

ms2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just about finished programming my pronto ru980 but im having problems assigning the hard keys to the various remotes.

I go into learning a button and learn the buttons in the usual way but it wont let me learn functions on the hard key.

Also, how do you assign the first hard key of the 4 that are just below the screen. As soon as you go into learn a button, it shows "done" against that button, so I cant programme that particular button as its the "done" button to press when you are finished learning. Any ideas??

Thanks.

2. MavAV

MavAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi,

The hard buttons can be programmed using the supplied software. Select the Properties section for the device and then click on the appropriate hard button to define an action, or assign an IR code.

3. ms2004

ms2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that.

How do I programme the first hard key on the left under the screen as thats the button that you press when you're finished as it says "done". It wont let you assign that button because as soon as you press it, the pronto thinks you're "done" and exits the screen??

4. MavAV

MavAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi again,

I've not had any problems in programming the hard buttons located immediately beneath the screen using the software and haven't experienced the problem you describe.

Using the PC software ProntoProEdit NG I have selected the Device Properties Page for the desired device and clicked on the hard button tab. I have then selected the appropriate hard button using the mouse, which becomes green on the picture. On the right hand side I then select IR code, then custom code and then learn IR to assign the code to the button.

Using this approach it is not necessary to press any buttons on the ProntoPro.