1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pronto files how?help????????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by grahamricho, Feb 12, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    just got my pronto today from richer sounds.sussed most of the basics out.i downloaded the proto edit from philips pluged my lead into the port at the back of the p.c.went on to remote central and down loaded my ccf for seleco projector ,denon amp and sony dvd, then what do i do?????????the ccf files aee in my document folder..then what???????????????

2. TheSeer

TheSeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Here is the procedure:

1). Open the downloaded ccf file into ProntoEdit on your PC. You should then be able to see the screen layouts for the different devices that the ccf file is supposed to control.

2). From ProntoEdit, you can then download the ccf file into your Pronto. You should receive a couple of beeps from the Pronto to indicate that the file has been downloaded as well as visual confirmation in ProntoEdit.

In between steps 1 & 2 above, you can change the screen layouts, descriptions etc of the ccf file you downloaded from Remote Central.

So long as you remember the basics of any computer file editing (ie ALWAYS take back-ups before making any major changes), you should be fine to play about with the ccf file in ProntoEdit.

Its fairly intuitive after a few hours or so.

Good luck.

TS