1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Descrete Codes

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by lone_viper, Jan 1, 2002.

1. lone_viper

lone_viper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of descrete IR codes for the Technics SH-EH750?

I am looking for the codes, if they exist, to swich directly to a source with out the toggling. Would make it a lot easier to go straight to AUX from CD in macros and the like.

Hope someone can help.

Jason :confused:

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,542
  3. lone_viper

lone_viper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks but I already tried that line ;-)

Anyone else.

This might need a bit more of a technical answer.

Ta

Jason

4. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I would suggest you get hold of a one-for all remote.

These feature something called 'key magic'. Basically, once you've found the correct 'main' code that then works most of the functions of your hifi, you can play about with the sub codes. Each sub code will perform a specific function such as play, stop, etc. There are usually quite a few codes that perform functions that are not on your original remote. For instance, with my video I got 'play backwards', 'eject', 'rewind then switch off'. There are sometimes all sorts of weird and wonderful things it will do.

You have to be quite determined though, as you may need to enter many codes before you find the ones you want. You need to try each code in sequence from 000 to 999, although I think once you get past 250, 251 - 999 are just repetitions of the functions found in the first 250.

I beleive you are quite likely to find the functions you require with this method. I have a Sony micro system (the remote does not feature a 0 - 9 keypad for selecting radio stations or cd tracks), yet the OFA remote's keypad will do both.