Pronto- Delay B4 Code on DVD626

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Dave Taylor, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well as predicted have spent most of the xmas holiday programming my Pronto.

I have downloaded a CCF file from RC for the Pioneer DVD 626 player and notice that every button has a 0.1 sec delay before the code.

This certainly helps the control of this player. But can anybody explain why ?

I can understand a delay between codes but why before a code is even sent.

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The DVD player (or whatever you are controlling) generally needs a short interval between successive commands to make sure the next code is interpreted as a new command.

In the case of a single command this interval isn't required, but it would be very difficult to engineer your ccf files to have one command for Play and another for Play with added delay. Since the delay is short (0.1 sec) it's simpler to keep it in place.

Regards

3. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're building a ccf from scratch you may have noticed that any bmp's that you assign to buttons dont appear unless they have a function associated with them. When building ccf's it's common practice to use a .1 second delay as a function until you get round to either using discrete codes or learning the ir code.

It just lets you test out your design with the emulator without keep "learning and moving" ir codes.

When finally used it doesn't actually make any difference whether you keep or delete the delay, unless it's between functions in a macro.

HTH
    Steve

4. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Trust me a delay before the code does make a difference.

For instance if you have a DVD chapter selection on screen then you would move along using the right arrow key. With the Pronto with out the delay, when you tap the screen although the proto beeps (so I know I have pressed hard enough) the DVD menu dose not move, if you press the arrow and hold the key slightly loner rather than a tap then it works fine.

But if you add the delay before the code then just a quick tap makes the screen work every time ??