pronto ccf DVD hack

B

bobgriffiths

Has anyone compiled all the remote hacks available that can be programmed into a pronto type remote and made a CCF /PCF multi brand DVD remote hack file? This would be quite useful

Ive been working on a rough idea for one (see attached file .)
PLEASE NOTE I accept NO resonsibility if you mess your DVD player up with the remote codes .but if you do use it please post what it worked on and what it didnt

on the file is the pioneer 565 757 868

philips 750 hack

Sony models DVP-F21 DVP-NC615 DVP-NS305 DVP-NS310 DVP-NS330 DVP-NS333 DVP-NS400 DVP-NS405 DVP-NS410 DVP-NS430 DVP-NS433 DVP-NS700 DVP-NS730 DVP-NS900 DVP-NS905 DVP-NS930 DVP-PQ1 DVP-PQ2 RDR-GX3 RDR-GX7

samsung 709 hack

Hope this helps anyone with a pronto and wants to multi region a
DVD player

sorry here is the zipped CCF file

Attachments

• remote hacks.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 2,962
Couldn't have timed that better!
Just been reading about hacking the Sony GX3 with the service remote codes and them I come here and find your CCF.
Suffice to say it worked fine with my Pronto RU950 and I might now ditch the Pioneer 444 which I was keeping purely because it was multi region and the Sony wasn't.
Nice one:)

Now if you could find the Panasonic E50 codes you'd be a real hero.

As I understand it you have to use a one-shot remote for around £30 and send it back afterwards.

:hiya:The trouble with these one shot remotes is that they send a macro (several remote codes at once) a pronto can learn one code at a time but cant learn a macro at one go. :(

My hope is that some smart person knows these individual codes so we can make a CCF for the Panasonic and other brands.

I view this as a on going project to make a FREE ultimate hack file for individuals or dealers. Any one with remote pronto hacks for any other device please PM me :smashin:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what state should the player be in to apply these hacks?
Thanks for the file,
Ged

That is not a dumb question! i would try them in the on position first then if that doesnt work from standby.
This is exactly the sort of feed back i need if it works better from standby tell me and i can put it on an instruction page on the ccf

I dont remember if the info was on your CCF or wether I read it somewhere else but I applied the hack to my GX3 whilst it was on standby.

When I opened the file in touch screen I noticed two of the Sony panels were marked hidden, I uncheked them is that OK?
I am not hot with PC's etc so I take it that if you do a Pioneer or Samsung it is just one press, whilst the Sony is 1,2,3,etc ?
Does it emit a long signal as I have also loaded it into my PDA remote but I am sure it(PDA) emits short bursts, such as it won't power up my Panasonic tv.
All I need now is a request to try it, or a walk around somewhere ;) :devil:

Thanks

Ged

yeah the sony and philips need a lot more codes to work than the pioneer mods.but the code is still only one code per button(short burst as you call it).

on your pda can you send macros? if it can send a few 1's to power up your TV

I have just purchased the Pioneer 565 and am keen to region free it, some how I missed something with it as I thought it came region free, but, that is history.

I see the code here for pronto type remotes, of which I know nothing about, but I also see the comments about using a PDA to feed the information to a DVD player, I have also been shown by a friend with a PDA about using it to control the sound system etc. and he has the software for this.

Can someone give me a quick tour of putting the code into a PDA and then sending this to the DVD player, or point me in the direction of some more information on this.

My other option is the 35 pound one shot remote from multi region UK which I have seen from other threads does work.

Thanks in advance

Glen

Glen,
a Pronto is a fancy remote with PC software tools to customise it.
A PDA is as you know a pocket PC which can act as a remote using the appropriate software.
I have both and little skills of either but sometimes mess about with them and pick up some more skills.
The software for the PDA is called PDA win tv remote, costs about £10 I think, gives you a basic universal skin type remote.The idea is to download the free Pronto or Marantz software to your PC and start to create or import remote files(ccf's).
As mentioned I am not very good with PC's but I am begining to enjoy this as I can see how cheap PDA's can replcate the very expensive remotes and also do the PC job.

Ged

Some PDAs have software called Nevo built in. Very colourful and easy to configure but range is a problem.

Other PDAs can load optional remote software and you can even get plug in Infrared modules which are a lot stronger. One of these can import config fles created for the Pronto 'fancy remotes'.

You may have seen potential buyers of PDAs here asking about Nevo and the type of infared the PDA has for this reason.

Hope that helps a little.

See
HTML:
http://www.mynevo.com/nevo_pda.htm

I tried the several of the CCF's for Sony over at dvdrhelp on my Ipaq 3970. Like many others I simply could not get it to work. It seems Palm users have more success.

Then I got a Pronto......worked first time.

I have done 3 Sony's

DVP-LS500
DVP-S305
were done with the player in standby.

The DAV-S880 needed to be in service mode first.

Cheers

Thanks for your help, I got the program set up on my PDA and the CCF file as well but I have a problem in that I have the ipaq 1945 which is not supported by the win tv remote software, it actually sets up okay but when you try to do anything it locks up.

Does anyone know of some remote control software which is supported ipaq 1900 series?

I have a mate with one of the supported ipaq´s and we are going to try that over the weekend.

Thanks

Glen

Hi Glen,

It is a pity your Ipaq doesn't support it but a Pronto may be a reasonable upgrade as a stand alone remote, they are great.

For computer illiterates like me they are very easy to use, my Marantz sits upon it's charger and is very tactile, the screen died recently, even my wife missed it!!

Fortunately a new screen from Ebay and a second unit from a colleague sorted it out, double bliss.

Anyway do some research and explore a new Win TV comp PDA unit, you never know it may be a better solution, colour skins etc.

Ged.

My DVP-NS405 is now multi-region in the bedroom, thanks for that Bob... From standby it needed the 11,22,33,44,55 technique...

I have the Pioneer 668, for which I have found the codes. I haven't checked if they are the same as Bob's 868's.

The problem is that I don't have a Pronto or a Palm.

What I have (or can get hold of ) is:
A PC with an IR device
A Psion series 7 PDA
A Siemens S55 phone
A Sony/Ericsson T610 phone
A few Nokia phones (6100, 6510, 6310, 7650)

Is there a solution for any of the above?

A friend of mine had used his Nokia 7650 to change the track on my CD player (and it drove me nuts till I found out it was him) so I guess there has to be something out there.

Thank you for your time!

I downloaded the file to hack into my Sony RDR GX 3 and it opens in Wordpad in jibberish! Any ideas on how to read it?

what actually is a ccf. I tried to view this on my pc using a explorer. do i need a different os to see the codes ?? help me. i am trying 2 play some reg-5 dvds on my ns430. :lease: help me

I have just purchased the Pioneer 565 and am keen to region free it, some how I missed something with it as I thought it came region free, but, that is history.
Where did you get it from?

Has anyone tried or does anyone know if the Pioneer code(s) would/do work on the new series of DVD recorders such as the DVR-420 & DVR-520?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom