1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto - Button Qty ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Dave Taylor, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thinking of getting a pronto 1M

How many usable size buttons can you have on one screen of a pronto 1M

If I have 7 Items to control is the 1M version enough or should I get the 2M

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Check the screen shots of peoples ccf files over at -
    www.remotecentral.com

You can have a few large buttons per screen or you can make them smaller and get quite a number on each screen. It's really up to yourself how you want it to look.

BTW, expect to loss many hours setting up your Pronto. It's worth it in the end when you can press one button that will turn everything on/off or set up your TV for a widescreen DVD.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you use your work laptop (as I do) to design and amend your pronto files, make sure that you remove the evidence (as I forgot to) when the laptop breaks and you have to hand it in at work to be repaired.

Years ago I used to have a small program that changed the date and time of files and that was very useful for changing times from day time to 9.00pm. I miss that program and would like to find another.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave,

In answer to yr previous post - I have a Pioneer 535 and its OK with that.

Re 1Mb vs 2Mb - I got the 2Mb version but only 'cos Richer Sounds were doing an offer on it for £150 - was a couple of months ago and had to take in an ad from What HI-Fi so can't say if you can still get it at this price

As someone says, there is a learning curve but once you get yr head round it, it's great.

Cheers

Dave

5. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Download ProntoEdit and have a play...it has an emulator. I found that you can put the buttons you need on one screen, and the less-used functions on other screens. That way the buttons are more than big enough (bigger than the original remote, that's for sure).

I have a 1MB version...I control TV, Amp, DVD, LD, VCR, Satbox and it's still 74% free. No big bitmaps in there, mind.

6. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    1 meg should be fine for 7 devices. Where you will run out of space is with trying to load poster galleries (full screen pictures), games with graphics etc. These are fun in the first few weeks of programming your pronto. However, when the novelty has worn off and you only use the pronto to operate your equipment, you'll find all those extras redundant. Even my 2 meg pronto initially wasn't big enough because I wanted to put in all the cool pictures I found in other peoples' CCFs. In fact, not only is it of no value, it actually slows down your download time significantly everytime you want to make a minor change in your CCF. One of these days I'm going to clean up my CCF and throw out all the junk on it. I reckon 1 meg will accommodate all your buttons for 7 devices, icons for all your channels, macros to switch on or off a series of devices and a host of timers.

7. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have My Projector-amp-DVD player-TV-lights-2 VCR's, & Sky digital all on my 1meg Pronto. Together with macros etc etc. & I've still got 20% memory free. :)