1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto broken?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by blakeyboy, Feb 4, 2005.

1. blakeyboy

blakeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi I have a Pronto 890 and love it. I have had it for 2 years now. But now I have a problem, the screen get's distorted with lines going down it. Which makes it hard to read. Is it time to get a new one now or is there some thing I can do to mend it. I don't think I can manage with out one now.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    I have a similar problem with mine , as a result of a 6 year old , beaker of juice , nest of tables , the wall and a roly poly :mad: to say I was a bit upset is the understatement of the decade (so far).
    I think it is possible to swap the display out for a new one , however all the info i can find about it on Remote Central is atleast 2 years out of date .And if I'm honest , probably beyond my capabilities anyway
    good luck
    John

3. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Mine had very faint dark lines down it, probably about 3 or 4 about 1cm thick. They go away when you turn contast right up but then you loose shading. But when shading is about right you can see that there are some bits slightly darker than others down these lines.
    Is this normal for a Pronto 890/940?

4. blakeyboy

blakeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

That is like mine but it does go away some times but then comes back. There must be some thing we can do :lease:

5. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    if it goes away , and come back .That sounds more like a loose connection than anything else . It does not sound normal to me . I never had any lines on my display (other than ones I put there :smashin: )
    Its actually very easy to dismantle a pronto , and not beyond my capabilities as I mistakenly stated earlier :cool: Have a look here Very good instructions fory taking it apart .

I'm just weighing up the possibility of getting the new screen from EarthLCD .The site says its not compatible, even tho there are threads on remote central that say the screen will work with a little bit of fettling to the plastic frame :confused: .
    $40 for the screen , about the same again for shipping, and the possibility of HMC&E wanting to charge duty on top . To be honest I am considering getting a Harmony of one description or another .

In saying that , My SKY+ remote does the basic funtions for me , so might not even bother with a new remote

Good luck
    John