1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto 950 and getting connected

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by drcooper, May 23, 2004.

1. drcooper

drcooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Help, I cannot get my 950 connected to my PC. I am running a fully updated version of ME, ive checked all the USB ports, brand new batteries in the pronto, latest firmware installed via another PC running XP (so I know its capable of being connected). Ive tried resetting it, removing the batteries and replacing them. Surely im not going to have to upgrade to XP, or buy a new pc just to get connected.

Please tell me there is a simple solution or something i havent tried yet.

2. prof yaffle

prof yaffle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Prontos usually need to be connected to COM1; the Edit software won't work otherwise. If you're connecting to a physical serial port then make sure it is COM1; if you are connecting to a USB port make sure it is aliased as COM1 (you can alias USB ports via Device Manager accessed from Control Panel).

I had the same issue when connecting my RU940 to my new laptop via USB.

Hope that helps...

3. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It may be a number of things. Your best bet would be to go here and do a search - Connecting To PC.

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,510
    i've also got a problem with the Pronto and my hardware COM1, but the strange thing is.......the receive on the port is working...but the send isn't!!

The remote and cable works fine on another PC, i reckon it may be something to do with the fact my PC is overclocked....