Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

pronto 940

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by hawk, Apr 7, 2003.

1. hawk

hawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have just bought this great remote got sky+ sorted and the tv and the dav 880 but i am having trouble with the macro ihave managed to place the tv +sat+dav to gether with alot of fun and reading from the net but, if one is on and is not the same as the other two then one turns off while the other two come on, same as if its for the dav and the telly.
    has any one got any ideas? cheers

mark

2. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    You need to enter the wonderful world of DISCRETE infra-red codes.

These are codes that perform a particular function, and that function ONLY. For example, turning a TV on or switching to a specific video input. The availability of these codes vary depending on the equipment but generally the most useful are discrete power on and off codes and these are supported by quite a lot of devices, even if the original remotes do not offer it.

Your first port of call should be Remote Central . Visit the "Files" section for the Pronto and have a look through the discrete code section for your equipment. You might also want to try the normal CCF component section as well, it's pretty easy everything is sorted by manufacturer and model.

Once you've found the codes, simply create an "ON" macro that looks something like:

TV ON (discrete)
    Delay 0.5
    SAT ON (discrete)
    Delay 0.3
    DAV ON (discrete)

and an "OFF" macro that does the same but with the discrete off codes. Then, your equipment will only turn on when it's off, and off when it's on which I think it what you want (and avoid the on/off toggling hell!!). Note that you might have to play with the delay times to get everything to work with YOUR equipment. TVs in particular take some time to "power up" before they can accept any more IR commands.

Hope that helps!

3. hawk

hawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply i have been to Remote Central and no one has these codes ,thanks .
    mark

4. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    If the equipment is well-known brand eg Sony, you may be able to generate the discrete code from scratch. Have a look in the Pronto file section (again! ;)) on Remote Central for IRTool and the like. Alternatively, there might be all-in-one remotes (cheap) that might offer a built-in discrete code that you can learn into the Pronto.

Just out of interest, what's the make and model of your equipment?

5. hawk

hawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just out of interest, what's the make and model of your equipment?
    i have a Sony kv-32ls60 tv
    sony dav-880 home cinema system
    sky+
    i have had a look at Remote Central for IRTool and found it abit over my head at the moment .

6. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    You will find that Sony codes tend to be quite standardised across their kit. You should be able to pick a similar model TV and the codes will probably work, same for the home-theatre system.

As for Sky+, you can use the [Sky] key to turn the box on and a simple "off" macro as follows:

[Sky]
    Delay 0.1
    [Power]

which will always turn the box OFF. I use this on my Amstrad digibox and altho I have a Sky+ box, I haven't tried it but it should work as the boxes are similar in operation. You might have to play with the delay.

7. hawk

hawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As for Sky+, you can use the [Sky] key to turn the box on and a simple "off" macro as follows:

[Sky]
    Delay 0.1
    [Power]

thanks for that it works a treat for the sky

cheers
    mark