Proms on BBC HD

.Griff.

Not that I'm in any way a fan but I was curious to see if the Proms were also on BBC HD which they are.

For some reason my AV amp is outputting (and displaying) that it's being broadcast in mono for some very strange reason. All other channels are fine with the amp switching between PCM and DD5.1 dependant upon the channel viewed.

Is this another mess by BBC OB or is my amp being vindictive towards BBC HD??

usenetz

Certainly the audio is very low volume. :thumbsdow

john

Gae

It's awful. I tuned in to enjoy this tonight but the low volume "mono" audio is hardly discernible. I've switched over to BBC1 and the difference in level is so obvious. Very disappointed tonight with this on the BBC HD channel! I know it's still a trial channel but still, a big :thumbsdow

Gae

Bagger

My Amp is showing its in Dolby Digital and only the Centre channel is being used.

Bit lame init

remlap

Switch on Audio Description on the help button, you will get Stereo PCM audio.

What a bizarre mistake.

.Griff.

Glad it's not only me.

jont

Yup ... my Arcam reads Dolby 1.0 with a reduced volume of -16Db !!

bl**dy annoying - I wonder if the BBC actually know ?

Jon

PhilNUK

trial channel, yet I remember being it ok when it was aired this time last year....
visuals were amazing, the audio was terrible.. massive mistake to make.... especially on a programme that should primarily be about audio rather than visual!

Mick4545

Hope its not like that for the Last Night. If it is I'll watch a muted HD picture with radio 3 FM sound.

Mick

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
ANyone know if the Paul McCartney Electric Proms will be on BbcHD ? If not anyone know of a repeat ?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom