'Promotional Versions'

nwgarratt

There are no differences. They are just cheaper at the end of March for a limited time.

It is rather annoying as i got S3 and S4 pf Futurama at Xmas.

dvdmike

hear hear

Lex

Novice Member
It all sounds very strange - normally promotional versions are not for re-sale. I am curious - has anyone written to Play to find out?

nwgarratt

They are the same as the DVD's out now. It is just a promotional price probably similar to the Buffy, Angel and X Files in June.

Lex

Novice Member
So basically they are just screwing us loyal fans who went out and bought them all for the full price.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
aaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhh :mad:
I only bought Simpsons Season 3 last week and now they offer it at £15-99. Surely that can't be right ?

nwgarratt

These "Promo versions" have been available for order for weeks. Didnty you see it when you ordered Simpsons S3?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
No - I bought mine from Amazon, and I'm pretty sure they don't even have them now.
But I may be wrong....

Rojo Habe

Originally posted by nwgarratt
It should be the same packaging,
It's all a bit weird. If you go to Play, and do a search for "the simpsons", you can buy the same product for either £29.99 or £15.99. How many people will they catch out with that?

by JohnG
I bought mine from Amazon
I'm doing that more and more these days. I've even had refunds from Amzon because they've lowered the price after dispatching the goods to me. That's what I call customer care.

dsw182

Novice Member
Originally posted by Rojo Habe
It's all a bit weird. If you go to Play, and do a search for "the simpsons", you can buy the same product for either £29.99 or £15.99. How many people will they catch out with that?
That's why I thought there may be some differences between the two versions.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I've just noticed also that if you search for "promotional" on play there are a few others coming out, including Special Editions of all the Alien films at £16-99 but they are also on buy one get one free.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom