ProLogic2 or NEO6?

B

Bleach

Hi, What mode do you think is best for stereo sources? (ie. Sky Digibox).
I've got a 3802 with 2 lots of FS2AVs. I personally find ProLogic2 much clearer and crisp than NEO6, but obviously it wont drive the rear speakers. I feel like I'm missing out though when I use PL2 as opposed to NEO6. Are there any other modes (ie Widescreen) which would maybe help out (I'm a bit non-techie BTW!).
What are your feelings?

Of the two, PL2 definitely.:) Rear speakers are driven in PL2, or are you referring to the Surround Back speakers?

Sorry I didnt make myself very clear.
I've got 7.1 system, its the 2 surround backs which get driven by NEO6 (drives the 2 as 1 centre speaker), but not by PL2!

Try pressing the 6.1/7.1 Button on the front of the amp when in Dolby PL2, you should be able to cycle thru different options, Matrix ON etc. By default the Surround Backs are OFF (NORMAL) for PL2.

It may be different for your amp though.

I am just getting to grips with these new formats after upgrading. When watching Farscape I cycled through some of the formats: Both DTS Neo and PL2 are an improvement over plain Pro Logic, though of the two I would use PL2 as well. Of course, Logic 7 is better again...

Russell

Originally posted by russraff
Of course, Logic 7 is better again...

Russell

Another new format? This has got to be one of the most complicated hobbies ever :D
Is it a 7channel from a stereo source process?

Originally posted by Bleach
Another new format? This has got to be one of the most complicated hobbies ever :D
Is it a 7channel from a stereo source process?

This format has been around since 1996, way before DPLII saw the light. It can extract 7-channels of sound from a stereo source, but also from a 5.1 source. I think it is the best matrix processor for 2-channel material, but Trifield from Meridian is on par.

Only the Lexicon range of processors (DC-1/DC-2/MC-1/MC-12) feature this decoder, as well as some products from Harman/Kardon, albeit in a stripped down, non-adjustable version.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom