1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prologic Speakers (bush Pro300 5.1)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by atomant, Sep 22, 2001.

1. atomant

atomant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody help<br /> I have a logix DVD player which I hope to use the bush speakers but I need 6 RCA outputs which I have not got. All I have on the back of the dvd player is video/audio cable, coaxial audio cable, optical digital cable, 21-pin scart cable, s-video cable.Do I need a dts decoder? Or do I send the speakers back.<br />P.S I`m using goodmans dolby surround pro-logic

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It sound like your Logix DVD player does not have internal decoders so all you will be able to get from your current amp is pro logic. You can buy a Yamaha Dolby Digital and DTS decoder for £300ish but if you do not have a six phono input on your current amp you cannot connect it.

Sounds like the answer is a new amp as almost everything currently on sale will decode Dolby Digital and DTS and you can get a good quality amp for the same or less than a stand alone decoder.

You would then connect the optical digital cable output on your DVD player to the same input on the amp.

Regards

Ian