1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proline DVD1000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robbo, Oct 21, 2000.

1. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me?I've got a Proline player and Region 2 playback is fine,but Region 1 playback is far from OK.I think it's because the player is converting the NTSC signal to PAL.Here's the problem.The TVSYSTEM button doesn't do anything!Comet can't get it to work on their in store models either,so can anyone else with this model get the ruddy thing to work?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    What exactly do you mean by "far from OK".

3. DaveG

DaveG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    To change the TV system make sure your at the
    Proline screen, you then get the options pal ntsc or auto, you can't change it while a dvd is in play or pause.
    With my TV set to auto I don't have to do the usual hack ie: 0123 play, so far any disk I insert plays. (I bet that makes you feel a whole lot better !!!)

4. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to press ACCESS before you can change the TV system. It does not explain this in the manual. Then do as the manual says ie press TV System and it will work.