Prolem connecting Digital Video Recorder to new LED TV

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by spierian, Sep 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. spierian

spierian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Technika Personal Video Recorder aedtr160S7, about 2-3 years old. I recently bought a Technika LED TV, model 19-248COM. I want to play recrdings from the PVR on the LED TV. But I am having trouble connecting them.

The TV only has HDMI and Component connections and the PVR has SCART. and component. I have tried SCART-Component and Component-Component cables but neither work. I just get a "no signal" message on the TV when I select Component as the source.

Any suggestions?

2. spierian

spierian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SOLVED! Solution was to use "Video" as source on the TV, not "Component".

BTW, this tip came from the Tesco helpline. The agent who helped me was excellent, quick to understand and full of constructive suggestions.

3. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +671
    The TV must have something equivalent to scart input. On slim TVs this is often by an adapter cable (that should have been supplied) which fits a smaller socket on the TV.
    Just to be clear, what is the component socket like on the TV (format/colours)? People sometimes confuse this with Composite (which are "opposite" in that component is three discrete signals for the picture only, and composite is a single signal made by combining the detail and colour parts, both types then require separate audio).

Edit: crossposted.

4. spierian

spierian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply nvingo. It's fixed now, see my earlier message.