Projects Forum page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelw6

Standard Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have a page where people can discuss prodjects and get help etc?
I have an idea i want to put forward see if any one else has attempted it and get some general help.
Thanks
Mike

Have you had a look through the various forums to see if there is one that might suit your project?
I guess some idea of what you want may help someone point you in the right direction.

Im guessing gadgets but there seems to be no projects page on any of the forums.
Well maybe some one can point me in the right direction please.
It all started when we changed from sky to freesat and the humax box has no output for a second telly.
I started researching how to get my signal upstairs. Thought power line adaptors were a good idea but it seems it does not work. Running cables is not an option either and the relevent kit to do this job is hundreds of pounds or from usa. Then an idea i never realised i could do by accident i came across an RF HDMI modulator, this combines an hdmi input and aerial input sends them down a coax cable where you just tune in your tv to the relevent channels.
Perfect... Upon googling its still over £100.
I then thought 'my old sky box had a modulator in it' the sky signal was the hdmi in, it had a pass through (hdmi out) and an RF2 out 9v utilising a magic eye for IR.
My idea is using my now usless old sky box, can i remove this RF modulator part and use it for my purpose!!?
That was the long way round asking but thought id better explain myself first so you get a jist of what im trying to acheve and my set up.

If any one has any other ideas that are not going to cost me so much money id be greatful.

Thank you
Mike

Please look through the whole forum find an appropriate forum to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom