projectorscreen.co.uk quality service

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by progomez, Mar 8, 2005.

1. progomez

progomez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to say Ive finally bought a Epson tw10h. I was thinking initially buying it from ebuyer.co.uk but have heard they are not that great at CS and have no contact number so decided to use projectorscreen.co.uk.

I am glad I did as have had excellent service from them and received the projector yesterday.

Really good quality picture. Dont really notice screen door at 11 feet with 8ft picture. Really pleased.

2. Mr fuse

Mr fuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think like yourself Ive been looking at exactly the same deals and forums etc and have decided to take your advice.

I have just orded my tw10h from projectorscreen.co.uk and they actually did a price match £552 plus next day delivery!

Great service although I have never had any problems with ebuyer ive never had to send anything back and with something like a projector you really dont want all that hassle with their CS do you.

Thanks for this post!

3. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    be careful getting a screen off them though - their screens say "1 to 1" which some of us like me would initially think means a gain of 1 but actually they really mean a gain of 0 (ie no gain at all). so their screens are cheap (£60 for a 2m 16:9) - but is it worth it with such plain material?

4. jkirkebo

jkirkebo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1.0 is unity gain, like matte white. 0 gain would be black and reflect no light. <1.0 is negative gain, >1.0 is positive gain.

Matte white 1.0 gain is often the best choice, I have a £2500 screen on order with such material.

5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,491
  6. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well done on your decision to avoid ebuyer, they have just mucked up an order of a harddrive and its taken 5 weeks to get sorted out with zero communication from them, they dont reply to their enotes system and all in all its been a right pain. in future i will order from dabs or scan and pay an extra couple of quid. worth it just to have a telephone number!!

ref: projector, good luck, had mine 7 weeks and unfortunately i seem to have been lucky and got the 100 hours intermittent not turning on fault. Epson just wanted to give me a Quality Assured (basically second hand with no history) unit and bulb with zero hours on the counter but definitely not zero hours on the bulb, i said no way and am currently going through projector group to see if they can have any more luck for me. 6 weeks old 130 hours and they want to give me second hand unit!?!! yeah good luck epson!!

fantastic projector tho, you will be very very happy!!

7. rinty

rinty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Uh-oh! I've got a TW10H coming tomorrow from ebuyer :confused:

Mind you, I buy tons of stuff from them and I've never had a problem with them at all, either with deliveries or returns so form my experience I'm very happy with ebuyer :)

8. progomez

progomez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive now been using the projector and its excellent. I used to have a sharp xv20e a few years ago and this one seems a lot sharper. Cant believe it was less than £600 although didnt ask to pricematch although service from projectorscreen was worth the £15 extra I paid.

I have ordered from ebuyer before and it went ok but I think the problem comes when sorting out a fault etc. Their enote system adds a delay of 3 days at least Im told.

The thing now is that Id love to see what picture you get for >£1000 although Im more than happy with the epsons picture.

9. Mr fuse

Mr fuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my Epson TW-10H from projectorscreen.co.uk yesterday got to say im absolutely blown away.
    Havent had any demos of projectors really just toook advice from many on this forum which I say a big Thankyou too.
    Basically had it running in less that 3min so easy to setup used component cables and shoot it straight on a plain flat cream wall.
    No dead pixels superb service from projectorscreen, wife was amazed to be honest like most wifes they kind of think here we go another useless gadget but she was more amazed than me, she was just of to bed but came down to have a look and then was up till 2am watching shrek2.
    when she finished that i hooked up my xbox OMG Colin Mcrae 2005 just blows you away.
    Very Happy Epson TW-10H user bargain for the price thx to everyone again!