1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projectors & unsung heroes

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Steve Bate, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Mods, please delete if felt inapropriate

Until recently I owned a Seleco SVP400 7" CRT, I put HD145's in it and was suitably impressed following a superb piece of re-convergence carried out by Chris Frost. However I had just bought a H3D & a SDI DVD Player and was hankering to see the performance improvement of an 8" CRT. I bought the Seleco as an ex-dem from OWL with only 100 hours on it.

There was a niggling doubt about what I would get for my money if I sold the Seleco and bought a Barco, considering the depreciation I had just suffered I decided 2nd hand would be the best route so I called Roland.

He arrived yesterday at 11:00 with a car full of equipment and my BG808s (god it looked big!!), 7 hours later the smile on my face was so wide I've had to book an appointment with Michael Jacksons Plastic Surgeon to get the smile to fit on my face :D It is also amusing seeing Roland swinging from a 75Kg PJ attached to the ceiling, thats got to be 160+kg from 4 coach bolts.:eek:

If anyone is sceptical about 2nd hand PJ's with big hours on them, dont be. If you get the right supplier/installer with the right knowledge it is definately not a minefield.

I wanted to thank Roland publicly, he spends a lot of time helping people here, yes he gets business from it but thats because he offers superb service and he cares.

I didn't think the image could get significantly better, boy was I wrong, please tell me the jump to 9" isn't as big :p

Oh BG808s are not noisy! they are a lot quieter than the Seleco's.

Finally to even things up, I've also received excellent service from Gordon for cables and when I bought my TAG and as mentioned earlier Chris Frost.

There are lots of people lurking but not posting on the boards who enjoy taking our money, I for one will try and use others here who have selflessly helped out with no reward, it's the least I can do.

Thank you.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.