1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProjectorCentral AE300/L300U review posted

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xander, Jan 17, 2003.

1. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    See here for a very positive review.

2. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a great review for the AE300 :cool: :) .

It confirmed my impression that it's an awesome projector that will make a lot of people happy.

Julia

3. muzz10

muzz10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, what is the price in New Zealand for the AE100 /200 & 300 models? I'm emigrating there later this year and wonder if I should buy the projector here in the UK or wait and get it in NZ cheaper maybe

4. jamesdoc

jamesdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The price for the AE200 is NZ$4600 and the AE300 is $6000. I imported mine from Pricejapan.

james

5. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any idea of the price these will retail at when they get a UK release?

6. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Zig, that's exactly what I'd like to know - anyone ?? Panasonic are quite unhelpful when it comes to replying to questions such as this !

7. Muzza

Muzza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Muzz10,
    I have just returned to NZ also after living in the UK for the last 8 years. Just Picked up my AE300 on Friday from my local Retrovision store who did me a cash price of NZ $ 5111.00
    Very happy !!! :D

8. muzz10

muzz10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Seems the option price would be £1200 from pricejapan and ship it to NZ when we move. I reclaim the VAT so that would be $3600 NZD.

9. Muzza

Muzza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, thats a good price. I guess i like the benefit of a warranty, and if it does blow up, I can get a replacement asap. Especially with the World Cup Cricket & Rugby coming up this year. I will be puting on some serious hours on this machine. :cool:

10. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    A week is a long time in politics, about 2 days is a long time in PROJECTORS!!

I have been considering upgrading my 2yr old TOSH but following a HOYA filter purchase and some tweaking , It feels like a new projector again.I was thinking of the SONY HS10, now I have just read this review and basically they are saying that the AE300 matches and beats the HS10 in many areas(contrast, noise,colour) and will probably be about $1000 LESS!!
    This has convinced me to sit tight for a while and see what happens !! Have any of you compared a AE300 with a HS10 for DVD via an HTPC I would be interested to hear what you think?

Has anyone with an HS10 or AE300 seen vertical lines on their PJs?

Any future PJ i buy must have absolutely no VBs!!!LOL

11. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've imported my AE300 from Japan after owning an AE300 previously.
    I was trying to decide between a HS10, a TW100 and the AE300.
    I eventually choose the Panasonic, even though I was prepared to spend more.
    As it works out, I was right in my choice as the AE300 is a revelation. A great picture, no screen door, no vertical lines and a very quiet fan to boot.
    Obviously, the problem is that the AE300 is not yet available in this country and the HS10 appears hard to come across a far as a demo is concerned.
    All I can add is buy the AE300 with confidence and save yourself some money.