Projector works with HDMI splitter but not when connected directly

rz786

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm actually having this issue with 3 different projectors... Two are Optoma GT760 and one is an Epson PowerLite 530. When I connect my laptop directly to any of these projectors via an HDMI cable, they do not recognize the signal. But when I connect via an HDMI splitter, everything works fine.

I'm using the same cable in both tests, so I think I can rule out bad cables. I've also tried a couple of different laptops that work fine connected to other projectors and TVs, so I don't think it's the laptop either.

What else could be causing the problem? Is there any further testing I could do to figure out the issue? Any pointers would be appreciated.

HDCP being stripped by the splitter?

yes most (affordable) splitters inadvertently strip the HDCP ... this can actually help in some situations where eg hdcp is a bit screwed up !

We have this situation locally where a very popular FTA HDPVR has poor HDCP programming which means the handshaking doesnt occur so no signal passed....so it is recommended to use these with a cheap splitter... and they all seem to strip HDCP and then pass the signal ...

Is your splitter boosting the signal?

What lengths and types of cable are we talking about?

Try a 2-3m cable.

I have two identical looking splitters, one strips HDCP, the other doesn't. The one that does is atound 5 years old, the other just a few months old.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom