1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector wont work....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nsl2178, Nov 17, 2004.

1. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sanyo plvz1 and when I came home and turned it on you could barely see a picture, it was almost entirely black. Now after trynig to let it cool down and turning it on and off it is just not working. When sitting there it looks fine with a green light on ready but when i turn it on the ready light goes off the fan turns off and no picture comes on. What is happening? I got it in august the lamp cant already be done can it? No lamp lights are flashing saying its shot.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It sounds like the lamp is not firing properly/at all - this could be the lamp itself or a ballast problem. One way or the other this is a warranty issue - back to the retailer/Sanyo to get it sorted out. Lamps are usually under warranty for 90 days, so if the lamp is dead and you're just outside the 90 days (depends on when in August you bought the projector) you should be prevailing on them to replace it as the warranty period is marginal.

Sean G.